Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too Much TV?

Today during school, we were learning about pennies and how they are one cent. There was a page in Avery's workbook that showed a tomato, lettuce, etc. and said how much they cost. Then, you were supposed to circle how many pennies you needed to buy it. We got to the one that cost 5 cents. I asked, "How many pennies do you need to buy that?" She answered 5. Then she proceeded to sing "5 dollar, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot longs. 5 dollar, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot longs." Over and over. I could not stop laughing. What's funny is we hardly ever watch commercials. Even Avery has learned how to fast forward through them. And we hardly ever watch anything in real time~we DVR it!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is too funny! Sometimes those commercial songs are so catchy and thus hard to get out of your head. In fact, I may be singing it all day now. Thanks.

I like to DVR all my shows too and watch them later. I actually get annoyed now when I have to watch the commercials. Who has the time to sit and watch all these stupid commercials?!

Bart's Clan said...

That's awesome! The funny thing is...yesterday Cade went around singing that song all day. Bart called and that is how Cade answered the phone. I guess it's a little catchy tune!!