Friday, November 7, 2008

Famous Daves!

Well, it's no secret that our favorite place to eat is Famous Dave's. We love it! Avery begs for it! So, Kev got home last night from shooting his missile and we decided to go to dinner. It's never really a decision of where to go to dinner, or even what to have when we go (we always get the feast for 2, it has brisket, ribs, chicken, fries, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, and of course corn bread muffins). So, here is Haley enjoying the feast, and Avery being silly with her fries and ribs (ribs are her favorite-the red shirt she has on is her "rib shirt").
Now, this is where I am a proud mom. I only share this on my blog for the purpose of the book I am making from it. So, if you aren't a fan of me bragging about my kids, stop reading!

This is Avery doing the word search all by herself. She found every word BY HERSELF! I was so proud~ (especially since I am also her preschool teacher!) It rounded out a week of me figuring out that I may have to expand our little preschool into reading and spelling. We passed by a car lot and she said (after sounding it out) "that sign says CARS!" Then, days later, she wrote cars and zoo. Then she told me how to spell mom and dad just by her sounding it out. Now that's her favorite pasttime~sounding words out and telling me how to spell them. She has done mom, dad, Pat, cat, tat, leg, pill (with only 1 l), dog and that's all I can remember. I am so proud of her!!!

1 comment:

Candis said...

congrats teacher! that's a big accomplishment! glad you got to hit famous daves. i'll try and get brian to go this week. i think i'm the only one in my family that really loves it!