Monday, June 28, 2010

Call us CRAZY!!

First, some background. When we lived in Nebraska, we attempted to have fish. Several times. They all died. Within a day. Some within the hour. Avery has been asking to try fish again ever since we moved here. So, Kev got home from a trip on Friday and we went to Pet Smart to have something to do for a little while. Well, we came home with two fish. Don't ask me why. It started off not so good. Haley's fish is a bully and we had to separate them. Pinky, Haley's fish, is now in a mason jar. Yes, we are going to buy another tank. Avery says every night "I hope Cutie is alive tomorrow." And guess what! They have been alive since Friday night. (Which is more than I can say for my dryer. Another story for another day!) Now that I say that Cutie and Pinky are doing so well for a family of fish killers, they probably will die within the hour. But we certainly have high hopes for these two!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh my gosh, we went through the fish thing too. I don't know how many of the little critters met their end under our care. Until Kevin was a senior in high school and picked up a fish at the state fair last year. And ... yes, it's still alive. Will wonders ever cease? Good luck!

Mrs. Brindley said...

So...it seems like you've adjusted to 3 kids really well! What is your secret! Your kiddos are all so beautiful! Congrats on your little Field! I can't wait for you to head out to Utah so I can see him!