Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School

Yes, I know, I'm a little late in posting this. Avery had her first day of first grade last week. I was so nervous. She loved school in Colorado and had an awesome teacher that she loved! Then when we got down here, she begged almost every day to stay home. Well, she really loves it again! She loves her teacher who just happens to live about a block away from us! I am so grateful she has had a good start this year.

Haley was so sad when Avery had to go to school. She cried and cried and said how much she was going to miss her. But, we started preschool and so that helped get her through the first day. She gets all dressed up, with her backpack and lunch, then she goes and waits in her room until the bell rings (the microwave buzzer). We start off eating lunch (which has to be the same as Avery's) and then say the Pledge of Allegiance and go into workbook, writing, library, singing, art, computers whatever keeps her attention for a couple of minutes. She loves school and cracks me up. The first day she comes in and starts telling me all about her brother and sister and what they do. Then she starts telling me about her mom! She doesn't call me mom during school, I am teacher. And she always has a story to tell me about ME!

4 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Avery looks so grown up in her uniform.

Tammy said...

I'm glad Avery likes school (a plus) and Haley is so cute in her backpack!

calfeiri said...

We miss you guys here at school! Brianna and Connor are so far doing well and enjoying school. I'm glad Avery's experience with her teacher is better this year.

Melissa said...

How sad! That breaks my heart that she was sad when Avery left! I hope my girls are that close when they get older!