My dear little Avery was sad to see that a jumper that was handed down to Haley had now been outgrown by her as well. She put it around her waist and said, "Mom, wouldn't this be such a cute skirt? Can you make it into a skirt?" Now, what do you say to that? She is still at the age where she thinks I can do anything. I know those days are going to be far and few between soon, so of course I spend an hour and a half that night hand-sewing elastic onto the dress and cutting the top off so it was a skirt. All the while Kev telling me I just need to one day buy a stinking sewing machine. The next morning, Avery was so excited! And so was Haley. She decided I needed to make one of her dresses into a skirt. Avery even tried to help me out and said "Why doesn't Mommy buy you a new skirt?" To which Haley replied, "No, Mommy can buy me a dress and make it into a skirt." I was complaining to my friend the next day how I needed a sewing machine because my girls think I can do stuff and she said that she had a sewing machine that she never used and I could have it. So, the girls decided I needed to make them skirts, Kev decided I needed to make curtains and I decided I still am not a huge fan of sewing, but I think I'm getting a little better...or maybe just braver and less-caring of how crooked it actually is. So, here are my creations! Don't look too closely!
The one that started it all. I even used the straps to make a cute little dilly on each side. I think it's cute at least.











1 comment:
Holy Cow! You have been busy! Those skirts are all so cute - you did a great job. And I love the color of your curtains. Good work. :)
Post a Comment