Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poetry Contest

They had an American Heritage Poetry contest at Avery's school. They had to memorize a poem and recite it in their class. She was her class winner. That meant she had to recite it in front of the whole school. She was so nervous. She said afterward, "I just wanted to do it really fast and never have to do it again." Thank goodness she didn't win then. We were so proud of her. She stood up there and said the whole thing even though she was so nervous. I made her a skirt and headband, so then Haley wanted to match her. I thought they looked so cute!!! Avery practiced her poem so much, Haley learned it as well. Oh, what smart, beautiful girls I have!! (If I don't say so myself!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did great, Avery. I am so proud of you. What a pair of cute and patriotic sisters! Good job Mom on the darling skirts.
SD Grammy