Saturday, March 21, 2009

1st Colorado Hike!

Avery has had a countdown all week long for today! We went to Fox Run Park and went hiking, had a picnic and played on the playground. It was so much fun! I love the mountains! The smell, the pine cones that Haley had to show Daddy every time she picked them up, the trees, they're just so beautiful! So, you will have to forgive me. This post is going to have a lot of pictures!!!Everything is a balance beam! She even jumped off the end and "finished" it. I made her get back on so I could take a picture of the finish. Then it was Haley's turn!

Haley had a walking stick for awhile

I read once that you should use your flash for outside pictures to bring out the color. Man, it really makes a difference. I was too impatient on a few pictures to wait for the flash, so I turned it off. You can really tell which ones I turned it off for.

But, anyway. We had a really fun time on our first of many Colorado adventures!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

How beautiful! You are making me so jealous! Oh, and I didn't know that about using your flash - I can tell a difference. I'll have to give it a try! Hope you're getting settled nicely.

Pedersen Posse said...

Looks like fun. One of these days you'll have to drive up to Vedauwoo and go on a hike with us. I told Charlotte that Avery lives only a couple hours away. Now she's dying to see her again.

Robyn said...

I miss mountains and places to go hiking and camping.

Loveless Fam said...

Can we say jealous because I really am. We miss having mountans!