Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Then it was time for us to move. My dad flew in to help us pack up and go. Kev checked the weather and decided to move up the truck day to Wed because a storm front was moving in and going to make it really cold. It's a good thing he did. It rained and was freezing the day we were going to get the truck. Paul, Kev's dad flew in to help us drive to Colorado. So, then the convoy started. We were in the lead with Kev's truck and a 28-foot 5th wheel, then my dad with a 26-foot UHaul, followed by Paul and the dogs in my car with our 12-foot utility trailer. I'm sure it was quite a site to see. We got a late start, hit a huge snowstorm in the middle of Nebraska and got lost in the dark trying to find our house. But, 11 1/2 hours later, we were at our home in Colorado. Now, I use the word home rather loosely here. Many of you know, I have a problem with germs. The tenants before us told the landlord that they had paid someone to clean the house. They found out otherwise when we were 45 minutes away. So, not only did we have to unpack everything, but we first had to clean everything! It took me a half hour just to clean the kitchen sink. They left it really dirty!! But, all is well! My mom flew in to help last Monday and I think we are almost settled! Here are pictures of one of our well deserved tea party breaks!

3 comments:

Zach said...

You moved to from Nebraska to Nebraska? I could have swore when I visited you we were all in Colorado.

-z

The Byrdhouse said...

Thanks, Zach. Evidently I did not read over what I wrote!

The Byrdhouse said...

I have problems!