Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pike's Peak

Last Saturday (I know~I'm a little behind) we drove up to Pike's Peak. It was very beautiful and very high. Some of you may know that I am afraid of heights. That may be an understatement. We went to the Grand Canyon before we got married and my legs didn't stop shaking until we were 20 miles away! But anyway! It was fun and Avery and Haley's favorite part was throwing snow everywhere. Then we had crying girls at the end because their hands were cold~imagine that! It was well worth the drive, but can't imagine being crazy enough to hike up it! Some of the road really freaked me out, but I had to keep telling myself that it's a better road than Going to the Sun Road even when there isn't construction on it. I'm glad we got to go up there before we leave!

2 comments:

Dirk and Trish said...

If I was ever only a week behind, it would be miraculous. How did the girls' ears do? I'm also afraid of heights, so I'm not sure I want to try to go.

Melissa said...

I swear you guys go every where!! I'm so jealous. Everytime I get on your blog you have been 20 places how fun!! How are you guys doing?