Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nauvoo

We went to Nauvoo, Illinois this past week. We had so much fun! We learned a lot about the hardships that the early settlers had to overcome. It is a wonderful church history site and you can feel the spirit so strongly there. We started off with a horse carriage ride, which the girls thought was really fun, as you can tell.


Avery saw a little Christus (like the one she was so excited about in SLC that we saw at Brett's wedding) that she was excited about.
Yes, I made them pose at various wagons!
They had a school and Avery and Haley had fun drawing on the chalkboards. They were very heavy. Avery thought she was very strong because she could lift it over her head!We went to the blacksmith shop and he showed us how to make a horseshoe. He gave one to Avery and all of us a ring made out of horse nails. (I didn't even know they had horse nails, but now that I think about it, how would they get the horseshoe on without them?)Me and my beautiful girls!

Here is the Nauvoo Temple. The orginal one was burnt down by arsonist, but was recently rebuilt in the same place. What a beautiful temple! There really is such a special spirit throughout all of Nauvoo. Looking at the temple and when we stopped at various places on our carriage ride, you could feel the spirit so strongly. What a wonderful, peaceful feeling we came away with. I'm so glad that we were able to make it over there.

1 comment:

Ginet said...

I'm sure people tell you this all the time, but your girls are BEAUTIFUL! I'm not just saying that to be nice, (you know me well enough to know that I can't say ugly kids are cute :)) they really, really are beautiful.

I'm glad you guys had a great trip!