Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fish

Much to our surprise, George was not the first to go! After we put the girls in bed, Kev went to check on the fish, and poor Goldfish was a goner. Then, we went to go to bed and we looked in on them and Audrey was gone too. George was looking pretty bad, but he outlasted them all...for a couple of hours. Kev went in when he got up, and sure enough, George was gone. I still can't believe George outlived them all! Poor fish! Kev flushed them down the toilet at various times, of course. He decided I maybe was right with starting with a more resilient fish like the beta I wanted to buy. So, when Avery woke up she came in my room and said "Mom, you need to come in my room. The fish tank didn't tip over, but..." "But what??!!!" I screamed as I ran into her room, thinking it really did tip over. Kev had just left the lid open. Then she said, "but where are my fish?" She was a trooper, although a little sad. She didn't cry and she knew it was okay. But Kev promised to buy her a beta today. Apparently we'll try again. I can pretty much bet that every fish we get will end up in the toilet until we stop being so cheap and buy the stuff to make sure our water is compatible with fish. But, who knows, maybe I'm wrong!

1 comment:

Bart's Clan said...

Oh my crap! I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. I know it is probably very tramatic for Avery but that is stinkin funny! Good luck with the beta!